Our Vision: Wellness for Everyone!
Our Mission: To promote recovery and wellness by providing consumer-driven behavioral health care services.
- Community – We value the wellness of our consumers, our staff, and our community.
- Access – We value opportunities for participation in programs, activities, and services that support recovery and wellness.
- Relationships – We value person-focused relationships with the people we serve.
- Integrity – We value the highest levels of integrity in carrying out our Mission and Vision.
- Needs – We value the identification of needs and the achievement of desired outcomes of the individuals and families we serve.
- Growth – We value the personal growth of those we serve toward a self-determined, high quality life in the community
We serve children and adults who experience a wide range of mental health issues, including children who experience severe emotional disturbance and adults with severe mental illness, with or without co-occurring substance use. Every day there are stories of children and adults getting better and overcoming the impact of mental illness on their lives. Recovery is possible.
In addition to providing direct care supports for individuals of any age, ACMHS/FCMHS staff and volunteers join with the individuals who choose our programs to advocate for fair and equitable treatment. The stigma about mental illness and addiction is real and the road to recovery is more challenging due to general misconceptions and prejudices. ACMHS/FCMHS Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and consumers are committed to ending the stigma and celebrating the contributions of all Anchorage and Fairbanks area residents.